MARCELLUS, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Marcellus Post Office on 9 East Main Street is set to reopen Monday morning.
The Marcellus Post Office was closed down for days after trace amounts of mercury leaked from an illegally mailed package was found on August 26.
Mail that was inside the post office during the time of discovery was tested and cleared.
Postal management has worked with professional environmental contractors and regulators to evaluate, clean and certify the safety of the facility. Remediation efforts and compliance with environmental regulations have been completed.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Six Westhill student-athletes honored at signing ceremony
- WATCH: Quiet for now in CNY but arctic air to return
- Dropcopter wins $500,000 from GROW NY
- Group seeking to protect historic church, cemetery from border wall construction
- Twinkies is being turned into a breakfast cereal
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9