MATTYDALE, NY (WSYR-TV) — A Mattydale man is facing a long list of felony charges after a police pursuit.
State Police say on September 7th, they stopped a 2019 Nissan Altima for speeding. As troopers interviewed the driver, later identified as 28-year-old Jamal Victrum, they spotted marijuana on the front passenger seat and ordered Victrum to get out of the car. Police say Victrum sped away, driving to his home, where he was taken into custody without incident.
Police searched the rental vehicle and the path of the traffic pursuit and also discovered oxycodone pills, marijuana, and a stolen Taurus .357 revolver which was fully loaded.
Victrum is charged with criminal possession of a controlled substance, criminal possession of a weapon, criminal possession of stolen property and criminal possession of a controlled substance. Victrum was also ticketed for speeding and failure to obey a police officer.
Victrum is being held at the Onondaga County Justice Center pending arraignment.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Friday Night Fever: Section III basketball playoff highlights
- Alvarado has 19 points as Georgia Tech tops Clemson, 68-59
- UNC ends 7-game losing streak, sweeps season set against NC State in 85-79 win
- WATCH: Light rain and wet snow for CNY tonight
- Liverpool schools considering redistricting, possibly eliminating an elementary school