MADISON COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Mayor of Hamilton has tested positive for the coronavirus.
Ruth-Ann Loveless said her symptoms are not severe and she is at home and will continue to isolate until she recovers.
She also said that most of the Village Department heads will quarantine as a precaution through April 3, since they were in contact with her at the Village office last week.
Loveless is encouraging all Central New Yorkers to continue to practice social distancing and to contact your doctor if you notice any symptoms.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- NBT Bank Stadium project to resume on Wednesday; work reclassified as essential construction
- Fire in Clay causes severe damage to home, no one hurt
- WATCH: Showers diminish overnight, new showers for some Wednesday
- Oswego City Police host kids’ storytime on Facebook
- Syracuse Police investigating after 19-year-old goes to hospital with multiple gunshot wounds
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.