SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse Mayor Ben Walsh provided an update on COVID-19 along with the impact of the phase two restart on the region Friday night.
Walsh told NewsChannel 9 he shares the same frustration with other county leaders when it comes to the confusion from the state, and that communication is key.
“While we certainly experienced some communication challenges over the past 24 hours, both from among public officials, but also among our constituents. I am pleased to say that as I stand here today, the process, the restart process remains intact,” Mayor Walsh said.
Walsh also said the government needs to act now to help essential businesses.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- New York State continues to make progress in the fight against COVID-19, hospitalizations dip below 800
- More guidance on stimulus debit cards to come in July
- WATCH: Some storms with heavy rain this afternoon and evening
- 6 people hospitalized after shooting near Clinton Avenue and Kelly Street in Rochester
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, July 11th!
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9