SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Syracuse City park is celebrating a major milestone on Wednesday.
It has been 100 years since the McKinley Park was established for children and families to enjoy.
In honor of the milestone, a tree was planted and people were able to share the impact that the park has had on the neighborhood.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Pelosi announces bipartisan deal to avoid shutdown
- Immigration agency bans in-person interpreters at asylum interviews due to coronavirus fears
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- Pattern change will likely bring some relief to drought-stricken parts of CNY
- Police investigating after man dies in Herkimer Street shooting
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.