SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The limited sign-up slots to go skating at Clinton Square have been filling up fast, but if you still want to get on the ice, Syracuse Parks and Recreation is now adding an extra public ice skating option at Meachem Ice Rink.
Starting on Monday, December 28, they’ll open with limited capacity. Masks and gloves must be worn at all times, and there will only be nine skaters on the ice at a time, with advanced registration.
Time slots will be available in 75-minute increments for the following times:
- 10 a.m. (55 and older only)
- 11:30 a.m.
- 1 p.m.
- 2:30 p.m.
The rink will close between sessions to clean and sanitize. Anyone 12 years old and younger must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Skate admission fees are $5 for adults and $3 for seniors and children 12 and under. Payment must be made by credit card. If you want to register for one of those spots, syracuse.recdesk.com.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Areas east of Lake Ontario to see heavy lake snow this weekend
- North Country Wake Up Weather: Saturday January 16th
- Man charged intent to engage in sexual conduct with a child
- ‘If it wasn’t my job I would have done that for free’: Officer after surviving Capitol mob assault
- Hot Pockets recalled because they may contain pieces of plastic, glass