OSWEGO, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Oswego Health has announced that renovations are being made to the Medical Surgical Unit at the hospital.
The renovation will cost $7.6 million and will be on the third and fourth floors.
The project will include the following:
- Restructuring of patient rooms to give more privacy; Once finished, there will be 40 private rooms and 4 semi-private rooms.
- New HVAC filtration systems for all new patient rooms.
- Indigo-Clean will be installed in each patient bathroom to continuously disinfect the bathrooms.
- Renovated waiting rooms on each floor.
- Relocation of the nurses’ stations for more immediate access.
The construction will take place in three phases. Oswego Health officials said they believe the construction will be done by the end of 2020.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Back Open: How Blink Fitness Has Adapted For COVID-19
- Mercy Works Host Virtual Gala in 2020
- Manlius Police looking for man only wearing boxer shorts in Village
- Rams motived by last-second loss heading into Week 4 matchup with NYG
- Titans vs. Steelers game postponed due to positive COVID-19 tests
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9