DEWITT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — September 11th tributes were held all across Central New York throughout the day.
Neighbors and elected officials took part in a ceremony in DeWitt at the DeWitt 9/11 Monument. It is a place that officials say is part of the healing process.
“People come here every day of the week from all over the country, and take a look at this monument, and it’s a piece of history, but yet alone, it’s a piece of them,” said DeWitt Town Board Member Joe Chiarenza. “They went to work that day and didn’t come home, so it’s someplace they can come lay their hand, and cherish the last memories of the loved ones they’ve lost.”
Representatives from the Army, Navy and Air Force were also on hand for the tribute.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Western NY high school student pulled out of class as immunization law takes effect
- New initiative working to connect businesses with employees
- WATCH: The great weather continues
- Study says number of kids vaping has doubled in last two years
- SU’s 2020 commencement to be held in the quad
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9