LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Micron explored their options for child care in Central New York.
Last October Micron said they would invest $500,000 into the YMCA of Central New York.
Gov. Kathy Hochul, Chief People Officer of Micron, April Arnzen, Ryan McMahon and more joined Micron on Wednesday, August 2, at 11 a.m. at the North Area Family YMCA, in Liverpool, and talked about their plans.
3 strategies Micron is pursuing:
- Giving all employees access to the facility by building an “on-site” center, that is two minutes down the road
- Early child care pathways program
- In-home child care options
- Investing in community childcare
- Have already invested half of the $500K into YMCA of CNY and have helped 2,000 kids so far
You can click the player below to watch the video.