SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Did you notice low flying aircraft over Hancock Airport on Wednesday night? Special tanker jets were conducting training exercises.
Hancock was chosen for the training because of its large size and capability to accommodate a KC-10 Extender aircraft.
The training takes place when there aren’t many commercial flights in the area.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Travelers heading south through Mexicali in for screenings, long border waits
- House coronavirus panel examines medical companies’ concerns over PPE shortages
- Family Healthcast: How to keep safe during the Fourth of July weekend
- Dr. Thomas talks COVID-19 and the Fourth of July weekend
- Ithaca FD: Warning for thrill-seekers at city’s gorges
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.