MINOA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Minoa man is facing felony charges, accused of trying to meet up with a 13-year-old girl for sex.
State Police say Trystan Chartier, 23, used a social media app to have a conversation with who he thought was a teenage girl. However, the child’s mother noticed the messages on a shared cell phone and took over the conversation.
Investigators say Chartier agreed to meet the mother, who he thought was the teen, at a local market on Kirkville Road in the Town of DeWitt.
When Chartier arrived, he was confronted by the child’s mother, who flagged down a trooper.
Police say further investigation revealed Chartier previously had sexual contact with the child and smoked marijuana with her.
Chartier is charged with sexual abuse, forcible touching and endangering the welfare of a child.
He has been released from custody, but is scheduled to appear in Town of DeWitt court later this month.
If anyone has information regarding Trystan Chartier, they are asked to contact Investigator Patrick McCormack at (315) 455-2922.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Black Lives Matter protests continue in Syracuse, group gives away free food to Rescue Mission
- Vestal man shoots wife, kills daughter on 4th of July, 11-year-old girl escapes unharmed
- Oswego set for firework display Sunday night, Utica Street bridge will be closed to vehicles
- WATCH: Partly cloudy and a bit more humid, but not too bad tonight
- Frederick Douglass statue removed at Rochester park
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9