SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse police say the drivers involved in an early-morning crash on Interstate 81 south only suffered minor injuries.
The two-car crash happened Tuesday morning just before the Spencer Street exit and caused a significant backup for drivers heading into downtown Syracuse from the northern suburbs.
One of the cars involved ended up on top of the other and crews had to take their time separating the two vehicles. We do not know if anyone was ticketed at this time but we have reached out to police for more information.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Golden Eagles win 2020 TBT Championship
- Syracuse star Tiana Mangakahia named to Australian Senior Women’s National team
- Analyst: Lopez Obrador trying to show drug cartels not in control of Mexico
- WATCH: Nice summer day Wednesday for CNY
- New Carrier Dome netting now in place
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9