WEEDSPORT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Fire crews are investigating a fire that started early Saturday morning, and destroyed a mobile home in Weedsport.
According to the Weedsport Fire Department, the blaze started at approximately 2:20 a.m. on Saturday in the Kenyon Landing Mobile Home Park.
Two people were inside when the fire started, but thankfully both were able to get out safely.
After it took about three hours to completely extinguish the blaze, the fire department considered the mobile home a “total loss.”
The fire is still under investigation, as fire crews are looking for the cause of the fire.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Minimum wage across New York State set to increase on Dec. 31
- Thruway Authority Board of Directors approve toll changes
- Genesee Brewery in Rochester cancels Keg Tree Lighting Ceremony
- Syracuse City Schools COVID-19 testing gets help from Syracuse University, Syracuse Fire Department
- Syracuse hospitals see another spike in COVID-19 cases
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9