OSWEGO COUNTY (WSYR-TV) — Aerial spraying that was scheduled for Tuesday night in Oswego County has been postponed due to weather. The county will try again on Thursday, September 12th, between 6 and 9 p.m. to get a second round of spraying in over the Toad Harbor Swamp area.
If you live in the highlighted area — try to stay indoors Thursday night from 6 p.m. until 9 p.m. Also keep children and pets inside.
If you’re driving through the area to be sprayed, keep vents and windows shut.
Tuesday night’s spraying is after another round of aerial spraying took place in Oswego County Monday night, to cut down the number of disease carrying mosquitos in the area.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Lake effect snow stays well north of Syracuse overnight
- 3rd annual NAACP address to the community took place Thursday night
- Feds, Cuomo still in talks on Trusted Traveler ban
- 3 arrested following Auburn standoff
- Seneca County issues permits for demolition to resume
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9