SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Half a million dollars in funding is heading to the Museum of Science and Technology in Armory Square.
All of that money will go towards the preservation efforts of the 112-year-old building, specifically the building’s foundation and exterior components, along with the roof and inner mechanical workings.
Crucial repairs and upgrades began this summer and are set to be finished by the end of the year.
The funding was secured thanks to Assemblyman Bill Magnarelli.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Summer’s not going away just yet this weekend, staying warm and dry
- Learn how Lucile Ball turned Jamestown, NY into a comedy destination at the Lucille Ball Desi Arnaz Museum
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- New York Times: Google users experience temporary outages Thursday
- Town of DeWitt holds public comment session on policing, no final decisions made
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9