SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Half a million dollars in funding is heading to the Museum of Science and Technology in Armory Square.
All of that money will go towards the preservation efforts of the 112-year-old building, specifically the building’s foundation and exterior components, along with the roof and inner mechanical workings.
Crucial repairs and upgrades began this summer and are set to be finished by the end of the year.
The funding was secured thanks to Assemblyman Bill Magnarelli.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Feeling more like summer Thursday
- 2020 Four star recruit Frank Anselem chooses Syracuse
- Highlights from Home 6-3-20
- Advocates call for expanding mail-in voting to counter COVID-19 fears
- Debate over change to police records law continues in NYS
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9