SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Half a million dollars in funding is heading to the Museum of Science and Technology in Armory Square.
All of that money will go towards the preservation efforts of the 112-year-old building, specifically the building’s foundation and exterior components, along with the roof and inner mechanical workings.
Crucial repairs and upgrades began this summer and are set to be finished by the end of the year.
The funding was secured thanks to Assemblyman Bill Magnarelli.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Syracuse Police & Syracuse University DPS investigating swastika etched in snow
- Six Westhill student-athletes honored at signing ceremony
- WATCH: Quiet for now in CNY but arctic air to return
- Dropcopter wins $500,000 from GROW NY
- Group seeking to protect historic church, cemetery from border wall construction
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9