WESTERN NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — M&T Bank customers should be careful, as M&T is seeing a recent increase in phishing attempts.
Many of the cases have been reported in Western New York recently, but it starts when a person gets a text alerting them about their M&T bank account, asking them to click a link. When you do, it asks for your user ID, password, social security number, and credit card number.
That’s when victims noticed money coming out of their accounts.
M&T bank released a statement saying they don’t call, email or text requests for logins, pins, passwords or personal information.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Spooktacular sunshine for Halloween
- CBA boys knock off Tully for their 5th straight win
- F-M girls win SCAC showdown over Baldwinsville
- Payton Shumpert commits to Stony Brook
- Behind-the-scenes of weekend enforcement of COVID-19 guidelines at bars
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9