CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Multiple agencies responded to an overnight house fire in the Town of Clay. The call came in around 2:15 a.m. Tuesday to Damson Road near Blackberry Road.
Fire crews tell NewsChannel 9 that smoke and flames could be seen coming from the second floor of the building.
Only one person was inside and was able to evacuate before crews got there.
There were no reported injuries. An overloaded electrical outlet is to blame for the fire.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Dry weather comes to an end Saturday
- City of Cortland Police officer shot after responding to domestic dispute
- US-run maquiladoras go on monthlong work-stoppage in Juarez
- 20-year-old from Onondaga Co. with COVID-19 asks people to ‘stay inside and stop being ignorant’
- Coronavirus relief package passes but it didn’t come easy
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9