MADISON COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Madison County man has been accused of raping a teenage girl and getting her pregnant.
Glynn Collins, 44, of Munnsville, has been charged with rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse, and child endangerment.
State Police were notified by medical staff at Community Memorial Hospital in Hamilton that a 14-year-old with a developmental disability was brought to their facility for a sore throat and flu-like symptoms. After an interview and physical exam, doctors found she was pregnant.
Collins is being held at the Madison County Jail on $5,000 bail and is due in court next week.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Stimulus check update: Democrats prepare $2.4T virus relief measure
- Salt City Market opening date pushed back to January
- Custodians going the extra mile to keep students and teachers safe
- President Trump unveils health care plan, signs order protecting preexisting conditions
- Josh Allen surprises young fan battling cancer
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9