SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Nearly 80 people from around the world can now call themselves United States citizens! A naturalization ceremony was held Thursday morning at Onondaga Community College.
To complete the process of becoming a citizen, the candidates took an oath to the United States and its Constitution.
The ceremony was presided over by Onondaga Family Court Judge Michael Hanuszczak.
Congratulations to our newest citizens!
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Do campaign signs still matter in 2020?
- Here’s Trump’s latest path to an election night win
- Man fires gunshots at Syracuse police officer early Saturday morning, suspect has not been located
- Syracuse brings the fight, but top-ranked Clemson overpowers the Orange 47-21
- Halloween forecast filled with tricks or treats this year?
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9