SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — After consulting with the county law department, and review of the governor’s order, the Onondaga County Executive Office said the NBT Bank Stadium project will continue on Wednesday.
It was halted on Monday after Gov. Andrew Cuomo called for a stop on all non-essential construction projects as a way to stop the spread of COVID-19.
It was first assumed that the baseball stadium work, on things like new seats and lights, would have to stop.
After a second look, it has been determined that the renovation can start back up.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Pastor Daren Jaime urges for peaceful protests
- Peaceful protest Sunday in Auburn
- Onondaga County DA Bill Fitzpatrick discusses Saturday’s violence and curfew orders
- WATCH: Unseasonable chill and mainly dry tonight
- Cleaning up downtown Syracuse after Saturday’s protests
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.