BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Ever sailed across the Great Lakes? A cruise line is offering a few different trips that feature some local sites.
The voyages are being offered by Viking, and start in 2022.
The cruises that feature the Great Lakes are either eight or 13 days. Here are their descriptions, courtesy of Viking:
- Undiscovered Great Lakes (8 days; Thunder Bay, Ontario to Milwaukee) – From Northern forests to pristine lagoons, encounter the natural splendor of the Great Lakes. Visit bald eagle and bear habitats that abut charming frontier towns in this remote region of North America; and pass between Lake Superior and Lake Huron via the impressive Soo Locks. Multiple sailing dates between May and September 2022. Inaugural pricing starts at $6,695 per person, with free airfare within North America.
- Great Lakes Explorer (8 days; Milwaukee to Thunder Bay, Ontario) – Embark on a true expedition along “the nation’s fourth seacoast,” from Georgian Bay’s granite islands to Thunder Bay’s towering cliffs. Experience the car-free idyllic Mackinac Island, and learn about indigenous cultures and frontier life along the way. Multiple sailing dates between May and September 2022. Inaugural pricing starts at $6,495 per person, with free airfare within North America.
- Niagara & The Great Lakes (8 days; Toronto to Milwaukee) – From urban skylines to uninhabited islands, discover the wilderness nestled in the interior of North America alongside world-class cultural attractions in Detroit, Toronto and Milwaukee. Witness the majesty of Niagara Falls, and enjoy scenic cruising past North America’s busiest border as you cross Lake Huron. Multiple sailing dates in April, May, June, July and September 2022. Inaugural pricing starts at $5,995 per person, with free airfare within North America.
- Canadian Discovery (13 days; New York to Toronto) – Cruise from Canada’s southeast coast to the St. Lawrence River, where you will learn about the region’s rich past amid stunning natural settings and celebrated cities. Sail along the coasts of New England and Nova Scotia; discover the remote reaches and locally sourced seafood of Prince Edward Island; explore the Saguenay Fjord, home to seals, whales and other sea mammals; and go salmon fishing in Quebec’s Moisie River. Sailing dates in April and October 2022. Inaugural pricing starts at $8,995 per person, with free airfare within North America.
Those interested in booking a cruise have until February 29 to do so.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Watch: The Sunday Mass from the Syracuse Roman Catholic Diocese
- Multiple potential COVID-19 exposures announced in Oneida County Saturday
- Central New York region confirms over 100 new cases of COVID-19 for second consecutive day Friday
- NY Blitz Fantasy Spotlight: Week 8
- 2 Syracuse School District employees placed on administrative leave after wearing ‘No Lives Matter’ shirts for Halloween
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9