SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Centerstate CEO took part in a new branding initiative for Central New York at Thursday morning’s roundtable at Syracuse University.
The roundtable meeting is meant to talk about current topics and issues in the Central New York community.
On Thursday, they talked about a new website being created that will connect businesses with employees.
“It responds to a huge need. We hear from a lot of companies that they can find entry-level talent here from our colleges or universities. They can source individuals from other companies locally. We see that turn in the labor market happen a lot, but what they struggle with is bringing new people into the community from outside the area or attracting somebody that was here at one point but moved away to move back and that’s what this effort is focused on,” said Ben Sio of Centerstate CEO.
They hope to launch the website next month.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- MOST receives $500K for Armory preservation efforts
- 8th annual Excellence in Healthcare pays tributes to heroes in the health field
- Manlius Library ‘Story Walk’ signs damaged
- Big second period surges the Comets past the Crunch
- Jamal Custis among three former Orange selected in XFL Draft
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9