SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Centerstate CEO took part in a new branding initiative for Central New York at Thursday morning’s roundtable at Syracuse University.
The roundtable meeting is meant to talk about current topics and issues in the Central New York community.
On Thursday, they talked about a new website being created that will connect businesses with employees.
“It responds to a huge need. We hear from a lot of companies that they can find entry-level talent here from our colleges or universities. They can source individuals from other companies locally. We see that turn in the labor market happen a lot, but what they struggle with is bringing new people into the community from outside the area or attracting somebody that was here at one point but moved away to move back and that’s what this effort is focused on,” said Ben Sio of Centerstate CEO.
They hope to launch the website next month.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Activists, police react to de-escalation near governor’s mansion
- COVID-19 has potential to spread during protests, marches, health experts warn
- More than 60 arrested after downtown Tampa protest, police say
- Traffic Alert: Bridge deck repairs bring I-81 southbound down to one lane through City of Syracuse
- Storm Team Academy: How hurricanes form
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9