NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — Pretty soon, it may be easier to buy booze while visiting the big screen. Governor Andrew Cuomo is proposing a rule to make it easier for movie theaters to serve beer, wine, and other alcoholic drinks.
Under the current alcoholic beverage control law, movie theaters can only sell alcohol if they have full kitchens and tables inside screening rooms.
The goal of the change would be to give craft producers more retail outlets and more revenue for theaters.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Homeland Security investigating scams related to new COVID-19 vaccines
- FDA authorizes first at-home COVID-19 and flu combination test
- 1 hurt after tractor-trailer rollover
- WATCH: While CNY misses a Nor’Easter it does cool down this weekend
- Cartels flood border with synthetic drugs, exacerbating addiction and homicide rates
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9