CENTRAL NEW YORK (WSYR-TV) — Four bars in downtown Syracuse and a few other places around Central New York will be open and able to sell alcohol past the usual 2 a.m. closing time on New Year’s Eve.
Establishments had to apply for an All-Night Permit in order to remain open past the normal closing hours. Permits were approved by local police based on the licensee’s disciplinary history and whether adequate security plans are in place.
Below are the establishments that were approved for an All-Night Permit:
- Trexx nightclub
- The Penny Pub
- Wild Will’s Saloon
- Orbis Lounge
- Red Jug Pub
- Yellow Brick Road Casino
- Point Place Casino
- Turning Stone Resort Casino
- Nothin’ Fancy Country Rock Saloon
No all-night permits were approved for Oswego and Cayuga Counties.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- President Trump set to pay respects to Ginsburg at Supreme Court
- Buffalo Police: Protester struck by vehicle in Niagara Square
- Watch: Trump says he won’t commit to peaceful transfer of power if he loses
- News on the Go: 9/24/20
- Money in Your Pocket: 9/24/20
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9