WASHINGTON, DC (WSYR-TV) — The number of New Yorker’s seeking jobless claims in New York was down more than three thousand people for the week ending September 26 from the week before. but the 66,568 new claims are still far above any other period on record.
The number of jobless claims in New York is more than five times what it was for the same period in 2019, and more than two and a half times the rate it was following the Great Recession.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Movie theaters can open Friday, dependent county’s COVID-19 positivity rate
- US records second-highest daily total of COVID-19 cases
- Gap Inc. exiting malls, to shutter 350 stores by 2024
- Picture of the Day: 10/23/20
- WATCH: Possible record warmth Friday, cooling back down this weekend
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9