NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — A law passed back in 2016 will bring a state-wide change in just a few days.
The next increase in New York minimum wage to eventually get to the statewide rate of $15, will happen next week.
The wage rate will increase from $11.10 to $11.80 on December 31.
The rate will go up every year throughout the state until New York reaches $15 per hour.
Minimum wage is scheduled to increase to $12.50 in 2021.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Second stimulus checks: How SCOTUS battle could derail $1,200 direct payments
- Tesla network outage locks some customers out of app, car
- 2020 Walk to End Alzheimer’s Going Virtual
- Cazenovia man facing weapons charge after multiple weapons found
- NYSP reminds drivers to follow work zone signs after crash on Interstate 81
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9