(WSYR-TV) — State Police drove by to recognize retired Senior Investigator Ray Salvie on his 95th birthday.
Ray spent 25 years with the State Police, serving from 1954 to 1979.
He is the last living state trooper who is also a survivor of Iwo Jima.
He served as a sergeant with the United States Marines during World War II.
A big happy birthday to Sergeant Ray Salvie from everyone at NewsChannel 9!
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Still warm Wednesday, but becoming less humid
- Schweinfurth Art Center completes air system upgrades as new exhibit opens
- Car thefts continue to be a problem across Central New York
- Second stimulus checks: Why $1,200 payments aren’t expected in August
- 1 sent to hospital after shooting in Ithaca
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.