SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — In celebration of Dairy Day at the New York State Fair, NewsChannel 9 took part in the annual milkshake contest.
In the Undeniably Dairy Shake-off — which was kid-themed — NewsChannel 9 entered its Anchor Barbie Milkshake.
With all the pink you could think of, their milkshake not only was their vision of Barbie, but a sugar-rush as well.
The garnishes on top really won over two of the kid judges, one of them saying “it was their favorite one (milkshake) so far,” during the judging process.
Here are the ingredients and how to make it.
- ¼ Cup Byrne Dairy strawberry milk
- 2 Cups Vanilla ice cream
- package of Pink and blue cotton candy
- Pink edible glitter
- Pink sugar crystals
- Pink pearl sprinkles
- 4-6 Pink rock candy on a stick
- Can of White frosting
- Blue food coloring
- Mini cocktail umbrellas
- Add ice cream and milk in a blender
- Blend until smooth
- If desired, set half aside and add a drop of 2 of food coloring to the remaining mixture and blend. Now pour and the two different colors in a glass to create a swirl effect.
- To top it off, rim a glass using a spatula of the frosting. Add sprinkles to the frosting.
- Add cotton candy on top with your candy of choice (like rock candy on a stick)*Bonus! Add cotton candy to the ice cream and milk to create a cotton candy flavor shake too.
Although NewsChannel 9 was the reigning four years in a row, this year, they lost their seat.
Syracuse radio station, 95X, ended up winning the competition.