NORTH SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A North Syracuse man is facing multiple charges, accused of impersonating a police officer, attacking a woman and stealing her money.
Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies say Steven Delariva, 34, was arrested on Wednesday.
The woman reported to police that she met Delariva on an escort site before he picked her up and drove her to a home in North Syracuse.
The victim said that Delariva claimed to be a police officer, held her against her will, choked her and then stole her money before dropping her off in Syracuse.
Sheriff’s Investigators want to hear from other victims or anyone with more information. Their number is (315) 435-3092.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Comeback attempt falls short as Syracuse women’s basketball loses to Notre Dame
- Seneca County Board requests federal marshals assist with dispute within Cayuga Indian Nation
- Trimboli’s five-goal performance pushes #5 Syracuse past #7 Army
- Albany Jewish Community Center evacuated after “threatening email” was sent
- RPI Cross Country team buys plane ticket for Chick-fil-A lunch
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9