NORTH SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A North Syracuse man is facing multiple charges, accused of impersonating a police officer, attacking a woman and stealing her money.
Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies say Steven Delariva, 34, was arrested on Wednesday.
The woman reported to police that she met Delariva on an escort site before he picked her up and drove her to a home in North Syracuse.
The victim said that Delariva claimed to be a police officer, held her against her will, choked her and then stole her money before dropping her off in Syracuse.
Sheriff’s Investigators want to hear from other victims or anyone with more information. Their number is (315) 435-3092.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Diplomats speak out as impeachment inquiry goes public
- Syracuse councilor scraps proposed changes to citizen police review board
- Border sister cities tackle trade, violence and migrant crisis during joint meeting of councils
- Oneida City Police searching for missing 79 year-old woman
- Turkish president’s White House visit draws criticism from lawmakers
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9