CHENANGO COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Norwich man is facing charges of assault and burglary after a reported domestic disturbance in Guilford.
New York State Police were called to a home on County Highway 35 in Guilford on Saturday. It is alleged that Jeremy A. Squires, 45, or Norwich, broke into the home and prevented the victim from calling for help. The victim was also allegedly hit by Squires.
The victim was taken to the hospital for treatment.
Squires was located in the City of Norwich and arrested. He was arraigned and sent to the Chenango County Jail on $25,000 bail.
Squires is also facing a charge of Endangering the Welfare of a Child because a child was also in the home at the time of the incident.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- “Very Affordable” – How Onondaga Community College Can Help Change Your Life
- New app will help with contact tracing in New York
- Big Game Bound Week 4: Titans vs. Steelers postponed
- DEC enforcement of statewide plastic bag ban begins October 19
- Chrissy Teigen, John Legend announce death of newborn baby
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.