ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Health Department tells NewsChannel 9 they are dealing with several cases of the flu.
It takes two weeks for the shot to work, so doctors recommend getting that flu shot by the end of October before the flu season really .
Dr. Quoc Nguyen, Medical Director of the Onondaga County Health Department, said, “Get the flu shot of course. Then wash your hands frequently with soap and water, ‘cause you touch the surface, shake hands with other people and sometimes touch your eyes or your nose and you bring the virus in.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Accumulating snow arrives by midday
- Friday Night Fever: The top high school basketball highlights from around Central New York
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Syracuse Police looking for man accused of attacking gas station with baseball bat
- Massive explosion injures three in Pennsylvania
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9