ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Health Department tells NewsChannel 9 they are dealing with several cases of the flu.
It takes two weeks for the shot to work, so doctors recommend getting that flu shot by the end of October before the flu season really .
Dr. Quoc Nguyen, Medical Director of the Onondaga County Health Department, said, “Get the flu shot of course. Then wash your hands frequently with soap and water, ‘cause you touch the surface, shake hands with other people and sometimes touch your eyes or your nose and you bring the virus in.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Ithaca Police investigating armed robbery on North Cayuga Street
- The most — and least — affordable neighborhoods in the U.S., according to Trulia
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9