ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Health Department tells NewsChannel 9 they are dealing with several cases of the flu.
It takes two weeks for the shot to work, so doctors recommend getting that flu shot by the end of October before the flu season really .
Dr. Quoc Nguyen, Medical Director of the Onondaga County Health Department, said, “Get the flu shot of course. Then wash your hands frequently with soap and water, ‘cause you touch the surface, shake hands with other people and sometimes touch your eyes or your nose and you bring the virus in.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Amazon blames President Trump for losing Pentagon contract
- Jim Breuer to perform at The Vine
- Grab and Go seafood from Wegmans easy choice for holiday parties
- Witty Wicks has gifts for everyone on your list
- Cuomo signs legislation to streamline absentee voting process
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9