ONONDAGA COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Health Department tells NewsChannel 9 they are dealing with several cases of the flu.
It takes two weeks for the shot to work, so doctors recommend getting that flu shot by the end of October before the flu season really .
Dr. Quoc Nguyen, Medical Director of the Onondaga County Health Department, said, “Get the flu shot of course. Then wash your hands frequently with soap and water, ‘cause you touch the surface, shake hands with other people and sometimes touch your eyes or your nose and you bring the virus in.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- How Mindful Buying Can Lead To A Wardrobe That Works For You
- Governor Cuomo calls for investigation into racist graffiti found at Saranac Lake
- Starbucks to mandate facial coverings in all company-owned cafes starting July 15
- St. Elias Middle Eastern Festival Is Heading On The Go
- Learning About Empathy In Action CNY
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9