NEW YORK STATE (WSYR-TV) — This year’s “Speed Week” resulted in New York State Troopers issuing nearly 25,000 tickets.
“Speed Week” which was took place from Thursday, June 11 to Wednesday June 17 targeted speeding and other unsafe driving behaviors like distracted driving and violations of the Move Over Law.
Troopers issued 24,980 total traffic tickets during the 2020 campaign. 13,131 tickets were issued for speeding, 574 for distracted driving, and 294 for Move Over Law violations. 186 people were arrested for drunk and impaired driving. State Police also responded to 158 personal injury crashes, including 3 fatal crashes.
During the June 2019 Speed Week detail, State Police issued 25,097 total tickets, including 13,055 for speeding.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Hockey broadcast legend Mike ‘Doc’ Emrick to retire
- How Olympic advertisers are regrouping for 2021 summer games in Tokyo
- $5K worth of apples stolen from Niagara County farm
- WATCH: SU Football Head Coach Dino Babers’ weekly press conference
- Newsfeed Now: Man climbs Trump Tower; Titans owner helps family in need
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.