LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — State transportation engineers will share new solutions on Thursday night to one of the oldest problem areas in Central New York: The Onondaga Lake Parkway.
The New York State Department of Transportation wants to make a portion of the parkway one lane in each direction. It also wants to have a raised median or place a barrier in the middle of the road. The speed limit would be lowered and the DOT wants to replace the system that alerts trucks that are too high for the bridge.
The bridge does get a lot of attention. The DOT is likely to discuss the number of times trucks hit the bridge and what’s been done recently to reduce those crashes.
The meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. at Chestnut Hill Middle School.
Below are two renderings the Department of Transporation will be sharing at the meeting:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Amazon blames President Trump for losing Pentagon contract
- Jim Breuer to perform at The Vine
- Grab and Go seafood from Wegmans easy choice for holiday parties
- Witty Wicks has gifts for everyone on your list
- Cuomo signs legislation to streamline absentee voting process
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9