LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — State transportation engineers will share new solutions on Thursday night to one of the oldest problem areas in Central New York: The Onondaga Lake Parkway.
The New York State Department of Transportation wants to make a portion of the parkway one lane in each direction. It also wants to have a raised median or place a barrier in the middle of the road. The speed limit would be lowered and the DOT wants to replace the system that alerts trucks that are too high for the bridge.
The bridge does get a lot of attention. The DOT is likely to discuss the number of times trucks hit the bridge and what’s been done recently to reduce those crashes.
The meeting starts at 5:30 p.m. at Chestnut Hill Middle School.
Below are two renderings the Department of Transporation will be sharing at the meeting:
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Accumulating snow arrives by midday
- Friday Night Fever: The top high school basketball highlights from around Central New York
- Shanahan: ‘No injuries to report’ ahead of 49ers NFC Championship game
- Syracuse Police looking for man accused of attacking gas station with baseball bat
- Massive explosion injures three in Pennsylvania
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9