CLAY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Onondaga County Industrial Development Agency took a big step forward Thursday morning in the proposal to build a warehouse and distribution center on Morgan Road in the town of Clay.
OCIDA approved $66 million in tax breaks and the PILOT agreement for the developer, Trammell Crow Company. They also concluded the project will not have any significant impact on the environment.
There’s no definitive answer as to who that $280 million warehouse will belong to. However, the developer for the project narrowed down the options to one of the top three retailers or e-commerce businesses in the country, hinting at next-day delivery.
Over the next few weeks, the town board will vote on whether or not to change the zoning for the property and go through the approval for the site plan. Following the local approvals, the developer says it needs the okay from the state and the federal government, something the developer hopes to cross off the list by the end of this year.
By March of 2020, construction could be underway.
“This is standard procedure for us. We’re doing it here and a few other places around the country. The way that these things are set up because of the timing for these users, the importance of them being in certain times of the year and the importance of them being assured that they have space in, 12-15 months out,” said George Laigaie, a Principal for Trammell Crow.
Once everything is approved, if it all gets the okay, the developer says they will be able to reveal who is buying the property along Morgan Rd.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Raiders player Carl Nassib announces he’s gay in Instagram video
- New Oneida Co. Commissioners explain changes made to prevent NY-22 mistakes from happening again
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Expect delays in downtown Syracuse as milling and paving begin on Clinton St.
- WATCH: See photos/videos of storm damage in CNY including downed trees, power outages
- WATCH: Turns cooler and less humid with passing shower possible overnight
For more local news, follow Julia LeBlanc on Twitter @JulialeblancNC9.