SYRACUSE, NY (WSYR-TV) — One person has died after a one-car crash in the City of Syracuse shut down the I-690 west Townsend Street ramp Sunday afternoon.
A motor vehicle with injuries presented call came into 911 dispatchers around 12:30 p.m. The Syracuse Fire Department, Syracuse Police and AMR ambulance responded to the scene.
It appears that the car crashed into the wall near the Townsend Street ramp. A NewsChannel 9 viewer called in to report that, at one point, the car was on fire.
Syracuse Police have confirmed with NewsChannel 9 that the driver of the vehicle has died. Police have not yet released the identity of the driver.
They were the only person involved in the crash.
A memorial has been started at the scene of the crash.
Police are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the crash.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 21st Congressional District
- WATCH: Governor Cuomo set to hold a briefing at 11:30 a.m.
- PayPal becomes first entity to receive Bitlicense in New York State
- Members of Congress send letter to National Parks requesting extension of Every Kid Outdoors program
- Empire State Winter Games canceled because of COVID-19 concerns
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9