Local News

One injured in Durhamville house fire

DURHAMVILLE, NY (WSYR-TV) - One person is in the hospital after a fire burned through a house in Durhamville early this morning.

Durhamville Fire Department says crews were called to Charles Street just before 12:15am, after a fire that started in a garage spread to a house.

The fire was put out before 4:00am, but crews say the home is badly damaged.  One person was injured and has been taken to the hospital.  

Eight departments responded including Durhamville, Wampsville, Sylvan Beach, New London, Verona, Oneida Castle, North Bay and Canastota.  Now investigators are looking into what could have started the fire.


More Stories

Latest News

Video Center