TOWN OF LEE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The pilot of an ultralight aircraft was injured Monday morning when his aircraft crashed into the roof on an unoccupied building,
New York State Police report Ronald S. Richards Jr., 66, of Blossvale was operating the craft when it appeared to have engine trouble and crashed into the building in the Oneida County Town of Lee.
Richards was taken via Mercy Flight helicopter to Upstate University Hospital with leg injuries.
He’s in stable condition,
More from NewsChannel 9:
- “You know we should of never played this game. It’s 100% my fault” Jim Boeheim post game following season-opening win over Bryant
- Syracuse opens the season with a thrilling win over Bryant
- Passenger killed, driver hospitalized after vehicle crashes into monument at Niagara Square in Buffalo
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9