LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The name of the man who was killed following a crash along Onondaga Lake Parkway that happened during Thursday’s evening commute has been released.
Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies tell us Graham Murphy of Liverpool was killed in the crash that happened around 5:40 p.m. Thursday night.
Emergency crews responded to a call of a car into a tree. When they arrived on the scene, they found Murphy, who was the only occupant of the car, had died at the scene.
Right now, investigators aren’t exactly sure what led up to the crash, but they do have some clues based on what people told them.
“We have several witnesses who reported that the vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed,” said Sergeant Jon Seeber of the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office. “It would have lost control, drove off the roadway and struck a tree.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Look closely to see a comet in the sky at dusk and dawn!
- Central New York Diaper Bank hosts third diaper giveaway of the year
- Boeheim’s Army crumbles in second half, falls 65-48 against Sideline Cancer in The Basketball Tournament
- New social justice group, Rebirth SYR, hosts meet and greet in preparation of Monday’s protest
- Potential COVID-19 exposure at Syracuse bar Tommy’s Park