LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The name of the man who was killed following a crash along Onondaga Lake Parkway that happened during Thursday’s evening commute has been released.
Onondaga County Sheriff’s Deputies tell us Graham Murphy of Liverpool was killed in the crash that happened around 5:40 p.m. Thursday night.
Emergency crews responded to a call of a car into a tree. When they arrived on the scene, they found Murphy, who was the only occupant of the car, had died at the scene.
Right now, investigators aren’t exactly sure what led up to the crash, but they do have some clues based on what people told them.
“We have several witnesses who reported that the vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed,” said Sergeant Jon Seeber of the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office. “It would have lost control, drove off the roadway and struck a tree.”
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Frosty views and record cold for Syracuse Saturday
- News on the Go for Saturday, September 19th
- Happy Birthday to our Champions for Saturday, September 19th
- WATCH: Cool, dry and fall-like Saturday
- 2 dead, 14 more injured in mass shooting on Rochester’s northeast side