SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Syracuse fire crews are reminding neighbors in the event of a fire to call 911 immediately!
At an apartment fire on Fabius Street in the city on Thursday morning, crews say a plumber accidentally caused the fire while using a torch to repair water pipes. He was hurt while trying to get rid of burning insulation.
The damage was contained to the wall.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Lawmakers push bill to allow further private and public donations for border crossings
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021
- Stimulus checks: Would a $1,500 payment make you more likely to get a COVID vaccine?
- Onondaga County Executive: ShoppingTown Mall could be used as COVID-19 vaccination site
- Family Healthcast: PEW survey shows Americans are growing more confident in vaccine
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9