RICHLAND, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A woman has been killed in a fire in the Town of Richland.
The Oswego County Sheriff’s Office was called to Gerdon Drive on Thursday just after 3:11 p.m. to a house fire.
A preliminary investigation found one person did not make it out of the house alive. The victim was identified as Susan Pool, 43.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
Oswego County Sheriff Don Hilton wants to remind people to check their smoke detectors to ensure they are working properly.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Crew member who gave Baldwin gun subject of prior complaint
- Anti-vaccination mandate protesters try to storm doors at Barclays Center in Brooklyn
- WATCH: Rain tapers off Monday morning south to north
- Oswego Health increases starting hourly rate to $15
- Section III High School Football Brackets Released
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9