ONEIDA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Oneida City Police Chief Paul Thompson has been placed on administrative leave, as of September 17, due to an investigation of a personnel issue.
A release from City of Oneida Mayor Helen Acker says while Thompson is on paid administrative leave, Lieutenant John Little will be acting Chief of Police.
No other details were released.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Utica Fire Department, Oneida County to start ‘leaving behind’ Narcan after responding to overdose calls
- Cayuga County Sheriff: Deputy injured, suspect not in custody but ‘contained’
- Despite Democratic roadblocks, Senate moves forward with Trump’s Supreme Court nomination
- ‘I feel fantastic’: Arnold Schwarzenegger undergoes heart surgery at Cleveland Clinic
- Dems and Trump trade blame for COVID-19 failures as election nears
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.