UTICA, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Utica tower is staying in Oneida County. The county executive announced on Friday that the county will take ownership over the tower, saying it has become a fixture there.
This comes after the board of directors of the Utica Landmark Tower Corporation decided to decommission it. Those involved say it was going to come down due to financial responsibilities and future liabilities.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Fulton nine-year-old reaches goal to raise money for Honor Flight veterans
- Family of Officer killed in Arkansas escorted home to Central Square by CNY law enforcement procession
- Scott City fourth-grader rescues another student with Heimlich maneuver
- After living with a foster for almost a year, Gary is eager to find a forever home: Petsavers
- News on the Go for Sunday, December 15th
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9