BRIDGEPORT, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The Oneida Indian Nation will expand the gaming floor at Point Place Casino in Bridgeport only a year and a half after opening, saying the decision is in direct response to guest demand.
The expansion will include space for nearly 100 additional slot machines, a Dealer School for training table games dealers and additional administrative offices.
Construction is underway and expected to be complete by late spring 2020.
“When we opened Point Place Casino, we believed people throughout the region and tourists alike would embrace it and appreciate all of the ways it showcases everything that makes this lakeside community so special,” said Oneida Indian Nation Representative and Nation Enterprises CEO Ray Halbritter. “We are grateful to our guests and employees who have made Point Place Casino such a success, and we are excited to provide an even better experience moving forward.”
Point Place currently has about 500 slot machines, along with tables games and two restaurants, Burgers of Madison County and Wicked Good Pizza, two bars, The Fireside Lounge and Paddle Bar, and Opal’s Confectionery, a chocolate shop and bakery that originated at Turning Stone Resort and Casino.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Auburn Police investigating several burglaries on city’s west side
- Dean Foods, largest milk producer in U.S., files for bankruptcy
- Entire cast of ‘Days of Our Lives’ fired, show to go on indefinite hiatus
- GENIUS NY names 19 semifinalists from record number of applicants for $1 million grand prize
- ‘Jersey Boys’ comes to the Landmark Theatre
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9