JAMESVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The snow has started to fall and that means the snowplows are out. The Onondaga County DOT added 10 plow trucks this year.
The DOT started preparing for the snow in September. Thursday, members of the National Weather Service in Binghamton made the trip to Syracuse to sit down with Onondaga County DOT.
The National Weather Service gave an in-depth presentation on the winter we are expected to have this year.
Officials remind drivers to be safe if they are out and to give plows the space they need.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Diplomats speak out as impeachment inquiry goes public
- Syracuse councilor scraps proposed changes to citizen police review board
- Border sister cities tackle trade, violence and migrant crisis during joint meeting of councils
- Oneida City Police searching for missing 79 year-old woman
- Turkish president’s White House visit draws criticism from lawmakers
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9