JAMESVILLE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — The snow has started to fall and that means the snowplows are out. The Onondaga County DOT added 10 plow trucks this year.
The DOT started preparing for the snow in September. Thursday, members of the National Weather Service in Binghamton made the trip to Syracuse to sit down with Onondaga County DOT.
The National Weather Service gave an in-depth presentation on the winter we are expected to have this year.
Officials remind drivers to be safe if they are out and to give plows the space they need.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Friday Night Fever: Section III basketball playoff highlights
- Alvarado has 19 points as Georgia Tech tops Clemson, 68-59
- UNC ends 7-game losing streak, sweeps season set against NC State in 85-79 win
- WATCH: Light rain and wet snow for CNY tonight
- Liverpool schools considering redistricting, possibly eliminating an elementary school
For more local news, follow Josh Martin on Twitter @JoshMartinNC9