SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Opening arguments began Wednesday in the trial of Johanen Pizarro, the Syracuse man accused of murdering a 12-year-old on Syracuse’s northside last October.
Prosecutors say it was the 20-year-old who fired the shot that killed James Springer III. Investigators say Springer III was not the intended target.
The man who police say orchestrated the shooting, Alberto Pinet, pleaded guilty to a weapons charge last week, agreeing to a sentence of 12 years in state prison.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Trump: ‘Crisis handled’; Schumer: ‘He’s ignoring reality’
- Senators updated on fast-track COVID-19 vaccine program
- Travelers heading south through Mexicali in for screenings, long border waits
- House coronavirus panel examines medical companies’ concerns over PPE shortages
- Family Healthcast: How to keep safe during the Fourth of July weekend
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9