SYRACUSE, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Opening arguments began Wednesday in the trial of Johanen Pizarro, the Syracuse man accused of murdering a 12-year-old on Syracuse’s northside last October.
Prosecutors say it was the 20-year-old who fired the shot that killed James Springer III. Investigators say Springer III was not the intended target.
The man who police say orchestrated the shooting, Alberto Pinet, pleaded guilty to a weapons charge last week, agreeing to a sentence of 12 years in state prison.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Warm for CNY Thursday, showers for some
- COVID-19 testing options limited in rural parts of Central New York
- Business owner says all tenants of Shoppingtown Mall must vacate within 30 days
- President Trump, GOP AGs accuse social media companies of silencing conservatives
- 2 officers shot in Louisville during protests, expected to recover
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9