WATKINS GLEN, N.Y. (WETM) — Jason Trojanowski and Teresa Allen of Oswego have been sentenced after pleading guilty to animal abuse in Schuyler County.
According to Schuyler County District Attorney Joseph Fazzary, Trojanowski and Allen abandoned three dogs and numerous cats after moving out of a rental property in Tyrone.
One cat had to be euthanized due to the extent of his ailments, and the rest were put under the care of the Schuyler County Humane Society.
Trojanowski and Allen were sentenced to an undisclosed amount of jail time, three years probation, and $11,030 in restitution to be paid to the Schuyler County Humane Society to cover the cost of nursing the animals and finding them new homes.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Due to lack of vaccines, Oneida County is suspending vaccination operations
- Records: Trump allies behind rally that ignited Capitol riot
- Vice President-elect Harris to resign her Senate seat Monday
- Pro-Trump demonstrators, some armed, start descending on Michigan, Ohio and South Carolina statehouses
- Additional case of COVID-19 UK variant found in Westchester County; 18 cases now in New York State
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9