OSWEGO COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — Oswego Health has a new tool in their belt when it comes to orthopedic sugery: A robot!
Oswego Health showed off the new robot with a demonstration at Fulton Medical Center.
The robot will allow surgeons to perform partial and total knee replacements with greater accuracy.
Doctors at Oswego Health say it will be invaluable.
“We have robotics in all parts of our lives and so in the future, this will become commonplace and I suspect within ten years that a majority of all joint replacements will be performed in this fashion,” said Dr. Michael Diaz, Orthopedic Surgeon at Oswego Health.
Such robotic surgery will mean improved function of the knee and longevity of the implant.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- WATCH: Clouds prevail, but keeping it rain-free for now
- Multiple agencies searching for missing hiker in Highland Forest
- NYS Department of Labor releases PSA regarding unemployment benefits
- Social Security recipients will not need to file tax returns for stimulus checks
- Trump: federal PPE stockpile nearly depleted
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9