OSWEGO COUNTY, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — An Oswego County stenographer was arrested after stealing more than $187,000 from extensive over-billing.
The state inspector general said Laura Hayes, 47, of Phoenix routinely added zeros to billing invoices to insurance carrier clients.
Hayes was arraigned on grand larceny charges.
She is due back in court next month. There is no word whether any of the money was recovered.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- Why are people having a hard time finding flu shots for those 65 and older?
- State trooper arrested after allegedly threatening person with taser in July
- WATCH: OT Cam Flemming talks early struggles of offensive line
- House Democrats consider vote on coronavirus relief deal
- Oneida Co. District Attorney investigating 1 person for COVID-19 spread
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9