LIVERPOOL, N.Y. (WSYR-TV) — A Parish man is facing multiple charges after he refused to pull over and led police on a short chase.
Just before 1:30 a.m. Monday, New York State Police were trying to pull over the vehicle Matthew Aumell, 27, of Parish, was driving for a traffic violation. Aumell refused to comply and led police on a brief chase.
Aumell got off the Thruway at the Liverpool exit. He drove down a dead end street, then drove his vehicle off the road, where it became disabled. Aumell then took off on foot, but was located a short time later.
Aumell was taken into custody and was found to have a blood alcohol content level of 0.12%.
Aumell is facing DWI charges, along with charges of unlawfully fleeing a police officer, reckless driving and resisting arrest. He was released on appearance tickets.
More from NewsChannel 9:
- 4 Observations: Chiefs run over Bills 26-17
- WATCH: Rain continues overnight, tapers midday Tuesday
- More than 1,700 Onondaga County neighbors applied to be Election inspectors
- Bills can’t stop the run as Chiefs rush for 245 yards on Monday night
- 15-year old taken to hospital after shooting in Syracuse
For more local news, follow NewsChannel 9 on Twitter @NewsChannel9.