(WSYR-TV) — Viewer Lorene Fries recently wrote the Your Stories Team wondering about Centro’s Park-N-Ride options for the upcoming New York State Fair. She specifically wanted to know if the ShoppingTown stop will return as an option for riders.
Centro’s VP of Communications and Business Planning, Steven Koegel, said the company is once again dealing with staffing shortages. It is currently down 35 to 40 drivers. A driver shortage last year forced Centro to cut about 50% of its Park-N-Ride options, including the popular ShoppingTown location.
Just like last year, Centro will only offer three Park-N-Ride options for fairgoers:
- Downtown Syracuse transportation hub on South Salina Street
- Destiny USA, Solar Street parking lot
- Long Branch Park in Liverpool
Koegel said despite only having three locations, it proved to be more than enough to handle demand last year. He said the company will monitor how things go this year and that will determine if more stops will be added for future fairs.
However, the ShoppingTown location may never return.
Previous Your Stories:
- Your Stories: Chevy Court vs. Chevy Park at NYS Fair
- Your Stories: Is the drop about to stop at the pump?
- Your Stories Q&A: Do I need to wear a mask at the NYS Fair?
- Your Stories Q&A: Major paving project slated for Manlius
- Your Stories: No, Grandma Brown’s Baked Beans hasn’t resumed production
- Your Stories Q&A: Open doors at a closed store grabs attention in Mattydale
- Your Stories Q&A: Don’t count on a countdown outside the NYS Fair this year
- Your Stories Q&A: Construction on the corner of Wetzel Road and Henry Clay Boulevard?
- Your Stories Q&A: Are you still waiting for your homeowner tax rebate credit check?
- Your Stories Q&A: Will the JetBlue nonstop flight from Syracuse to Orlando return?
- Your Stories Q&A: An update on two popular exit ramps near Destiny USA
- Your Stories Q&A: Park-N-Ride options remain limited for NYS State Fair due to driver shortage
- Your Stories Q&A: Why are NY gas prices nearly $.35 more than the national average?
- Your Stories Q&A: When will The Kabob House restaurant open in Liverpool
- Your Stories Q&A: Storage in store for new building near SYR airport